Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

New York Magazine

Last week, New York magazine dedicated an issue to cancer survivors. My father-in-law and I answered their call when an email went out asking for volunteers for a photograph. It was taken on a perfect Spring day, eerily reminiscent of the day I was diagnosed. It felt really good to be with so many other survivors, and to be with my father-in-law, now almost a year after he underwent his stem-cell-transplant for relapsed lymphoma.

I'm by the 'N', next to my f-i-l (who unfortunately, has the 'N' going through his face.)

Comments:
Dear Jen,

I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog and find your posts very thoughtful and informative. I hope you'll keep writing. I'm sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with lymphedema. I have some pain in my underarm area that I worry might be a sign. How did you find out?

Misha
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?